Open Grain is looking for a skilled craftsperson/carpenter to join our team. More creative and unique projects are coming our way. We need more hands in the shop! Open Grain is a great work environment and holds career opportunities.
You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and assorted projects. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have experience in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation
- Conduct repair work and installation of projects
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects
- High School diploma
- 2 years of woodworking experience
- Good communication skills
- Individuals must be physically able to work on their feet and lift moderate to heavy building materials and finish products
- Knowledge of mathematics